Start Date(s): We have multiple positions available starting between September and November
End Date(s): May 2022. Select Candidates may be offered full time employment at the end of this internship.
Positions available: 5 in hfx, 3 in mtl (must be local to area)
Employment Type: Contract FT, PT available
Wages: Base $2k /m plus great bonuses
Hours: 9-5 M-F with some flexibility required
- Montreal: Fluent in written and spoken English and french. Other languages are an asset but not required.
- Halifax: Fluent in written and spoken english. Other languages are an asset but not required.
We are changing the skylines of two of Canada’s largest cities. This is your opportunity to not only see how it’s done but also to be a part of it.
Unlike other internships for larger companies, there will be no filing or coffee fetching. This 6-month internship will be very hands-on, you’ll have the opportunity to do some pretty advanced work. This position is focused on three things: Creating Leads, Signing Leases, and Market Research. It is our hope with every intern to transition to full-time permanent employment at the end of a contract.
- Participating in marketing and sales activities at in-person events in your community. You will be the face of our brand alongside your peers. We will be present at in-person events for students to build relationships and buzz for the brand
- Conducting outreach to potential tenants in online communities, by phone, email, and in person
- With the assistance of the marketing team, creating and posting online advertisements and announcements
- Assisting the Community ambassador with the creation and execution of sponsorship deals for student groups and clubs
- Promptly responding to inquiries via phone, email, facebook, and other channels
- Offer 5 star customer service to all potential customers
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with prospects
- Learn the use of Hubspot
- Interact and sell in a dynamic showroom setting
- Share data on prospective customers to senior staff
- Hosting video calls and virtual tours via webcam
- Assisting applicants with the leasing process, answering questions, preparing paperwork, collecting deposits, all while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Sign leases
- Collect deposits
- Conduct background checks
- Phone references
- Conduct in-person and virtual showings of apartments, demonstrating a high level of product knowledge and customer service
- Qualify potential tenants by asking questions
- Consistently following up with leads and encouraging them to move forward with a lease
- Solving problems creatively and empathetically
- Craft and present custom incentives and promotions for your leads
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by deploying ridiculously good customer service skills
- Master the understanding of the student environment surrounding our developments
- Take detailed notes on interactions with customers
- Track wins and losses
- Why did we win / lose a lease? What are the commonest reasons that someone fails to proceed with a lease
- Continuously conduct market research to understand the landscape and competitors’ offerings
- Track and report productivity on a weekly basis, with an aim to meet or exceed action targets
- Diligently track available inventory
Candidates must possess the following characteristics to be successful in this role:
- Enjoy talking to people
Sales experience is an asset but not required. An education in marketing, business, sales, finance, or communications will set you apart but is not required. The ideal candidate has experience in a hospitality role. Maybe you’ve worked in a hotel or restaurant, or provided customer service in a student-centric environment.
We would love to work with someone who is involved in the local university community; perhaps you worked with a club, student union, faculty group, or student governance.
Above all else, you love learning and trying new things, you take pride in your work, and putting your name on something carries weight with you. We aren’t looking for perfection, far from it, but we hope that you enjoy building things that others find useful and that you appreciate how your work impacts your coworkers, your community, and your planet.