Location: Halifax, Montreal
Employment Type: Part-time, Freelance
Compensation: $50 per article
COVID-19 considerations: This is a remote freelance opportunity.
We’re looking for paid student writers in Halifax, Montreal, Charlottetown, and St John’s who are passionate about student life, student living and great content.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone currently in university at Dalhousie or King’s, UPEI, MUN, McGill or Concordia looking for real-world work experience at an online content publication that connects students at different campuses across Canada.
Ideally very familiar with campus life at your university – you know all the ins and outs!
The role involves working with our editorial team to produce articles, interviews, profiles, guides, handbooks and other kinds of content that will be useful and engaging for university students.
This is an ideal position for someone with a background in journalism, the arts and any experience contributing to student publications (campus newspapers, online magazines, yearbooks, etc.) You love creating content and you have the social engagement online to show for it – people respond and connect to your posts.
You have experience collaborating with others to produce great content, and you love seeing projects through to the finish line.
- Weekly and monthly editorial meetings to receive assignments.
- Write 500-1000 word blog posts and content for our new student lifestyle website and associated social profiles on an assignment basis.
- Follow our style guide and editorial standards.
- Input content in our WordPress website, including SEO and sourcing/attributing appropriate images.
- Must be able to legally work in Canada with a SIN.
- Education in a related field (journalism, marketing, creative writing, arts) with experience writing and editing for university-related publications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Independent and autonomous, resourceful, with initiative and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Great organizational skills, task-oriented and motivated.
- Desire to collaborate, learn and improve in a flexible work environment with a young, driven team.
- Asset: experience with photography, video editing, social media content production.