Start Date: August 2022
End Date: Depending on the length of time in the building
Positions available: 4 (must be local to area)
Employment Type: Casual
Hours: 10-20 hours per week, a combination of building monitoring, open door hours, community meetings, and on-call shifts. CA’s are Brand Ambassadors for the building, and will be expected to represent their role 24/7.
MONTREAL: Fluent in written and spoken English and French in Montreal. Other languages are an asset but not required.
HALIFAX: Fluent in written and spoken English. Other languages are an asset but not required.
ABOUT THE BUILDINGS
LeMILDORÉ is a brand new, 18 storey student apartment building located in downtown Montreal steps away from the McGill campus. LeMILDORÉ is fully furnished and will be home to 289 students starting September 2022.
SEE-MORE is a brand new student apartment building located in Halifax’s South End, just steps away from Dalhousie’s campus. SEE-MORE has 141 fully-furnished units and will be home to 491 students starting September 2022.
We’re looking for Community Ambassadors (CA) to support the building management teams in our buildings in Montreal and Halifax, LeMILDORÉ and SEE-MORE, opening Sept 2022. These CAs will be the eyes and ears on the floors for the Customer Experience Specialist and General Manager. CAs are students who live in the building and are stewards of the community, creating a Building Council to guide our entire building operations for our tenants.
What our CA team will do:
Events and Common Spaces
- Once a semester: Creating and running events in the building
- Once a semester: Promoting the events and managing attendance
Marketing and Communications
- Help take photos and make social media content for our Marketing Team
Management and Maintenance Support
- Communicate all building processes – how to submit a maintenance request, who to call when, how to pay rent, etc. You’ll be helping residents with this!
- Supporting the Customer Experience Specialist and General Manager with after hours tasks like lockups and lockouts.
- Support staff during move-in and move-out
- Tenant satisfaction: Circulate building satisfaction surveys to meet completion targets
Leasing and Sales
- Offer their apartments as a show unit when leasing times roll around
- Option to support the sales team with the leasing viewings and make some extra money when you sign a lease
- Be an ambassador for the University Apartments Brand in front of all tenants and in their online presence
- Allow open door hours to support tenants questions and concerns
- Share resources with tenants
We want your unique strengths to shine through in the building. This is why we want to work with you to create multiple different types of Community Ambassadors who will make up our Building Board. Passionate about living sustainably? You can coordinate energy saving initiatives and track consumption in the building. Are you passionate about planning events? You can help coordinate building wide events! We’re looking to build the role around your specific interests.
This role is meant to evolve with the needs of the tenants. You may be assigned new expectations as the year progresses once we understand better how to support the tenants. You’ll be living at a discount while creating a community that you live in!
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
- Must be a resident of LeMILDORÉ or SEE-MORE apartment building
- Must be an Undergraduate student studying in Montreal or Halifax
- Customer service or hospitality experience is preferred
- Involved in the local university community; perhaps you worked with a club, student union, faculty group, or student governance.
- Desire to connect with other tenants and build community
- Enthusiastic about the University Apartments brand and the building
- Motivated to build your specific skill sets to make the building a better place
- Accountability to work independently and effectively
- Respectful to all tenants and Building Management team
What matters most is that you are committed to your role and find creative ways to engage tenants and develop a tight-knit community between students.
What this job will bring you:
- Experience with a National real estate development player
- Market research and analysis
- Customer service experience
- Communication skills
Success in this role will contribute to work in:
- Travel & Hospitality
- Real Estate and development
- Marketing & Social strategy
About University Apartments
University Apartments is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We encourage applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all other qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.